Weld Procedure Development & Testing
Welding is a complex process, involving chemistry, metallurgy, thermodynamics, residual stresses, economics and safety. RTL’s staff consist of welding engineers and AWS Certified Welding Inspectors that have the experience and expertise to support our clients in developing welding and repair procedures and preparing welding procedure specifications (WPSs) or reviewing existing ones to ensure compliance to existing codes, standards, specifications an client’s specific requirements.
RTL’s welding experts are experienced in all aspects of fabrication, welding, repair and service life of components and a wide range of applications in both ferrous and nonferrous alloys from subsea to space and all industries between. Our welding experts are involved in many of the standardization committees and their skills have often proved crucial in providing clarification on the intent of clauses within the various welding codes, standards and specifications. RTL is committed to staying up-to-date with technological advancements in the welding industry and our welding experts have published numerous welding related publications in major journals and proceedings, hold international patent in welding processes and are highly sought-out for speaking engagements.
RTL is experienced in the design and documentation of welding procedures for all applications. Our welding experts will, as a minimum:
- Preparation/review of Welding Procedures or Qualifications
- Address compliance with applicable code, standard, specification or client’s specific requirements
- Discuss potential material selection issues
- Discuss potential heat treatment issues
- Discuss potential corrosion issues
- Discuss potential welding metallurgical Issues
- Perform failure analysis, when required
- Provide as needed, consulting services to address all your welding-related needs
Our reports are comprehensive, well organized, easily read and provide all the data needed to meet the most stringent requirements.